Factors to consider when making your decision:
1. The focus of the conference
2. The Location
3. The Speakers
4. The Attendees
5. The Cost
The focus of the conference is an essential factor to consider. General digital transformation conferences cover a broad range of topics, such as an organization’s digital culture. There are also more specific conferences that focus on particular aspects of digital transformation, such as critical technologies, data analytics, or cloud-native platforms.
The location is another critical consideration. If you are based in Europe, attending a US conference may not be practical. Conversely, if you are based in the US, attending a conference in Asia may not be possible.
The speakers are also an essential factor to consider. The best conferences will have a mix of industry experts and thought leaders. You should also look at the topics that they will be speaking about.
The attendees are another consideration. The best conferences will have a mix of attendees from different industries and sectors. This diversity can provide valuable insights and perspectives.
The cost is one of the most important factors. Conferences can be expensive, so you must ensure that the conference meets business objectives and is worth the investment.
Now that we have considered some of the factors you should consider when choosing a digital transformation conference, let’s look at some of the best seminars worldwide:
Other Noteworthy Digital Transformation Conferences?
Many digital transformation conferences are held in countries worldwide several times per year.
In no particular order, here is a list of conferences that focus on digital transformation (even if they don’t carry the name “digital transformation conference”).
- The Digital Transformation Conference is an event held in several locations around the world. Speakers offer insights into their transformation efforts, covering topics such as the user experience, customer-focused strategies, AI, and much more.
- Another “Digital Transformation Conference” took place in Ukraine in 2019. This conference focused heavily on AI, machine learning, and data science. Visit the website to find the time and location for the next event.
- is a conference located in Canada. As of this writing, the last conference occurred in 2019, with an audience of more than 200. The theme was “DX 2.0: Moving from idea to implementation,” offering best practices and advice for companies that want to advance their digital capabilities.
- The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA) also holds its digital transformation conference. Naturally, their focus is on how digital transportation affects the transportation industry. However, speakers also cover more general topics, such as marketing, SEO, and strategy.
- Digital Transformation Asia is a conference hosted by TM Forum. In 2019, the conference topics revolved specifically around the opportunities presented by 5G. For three days, attendees will learn about AI, big data, cloud-native IT, and more. Keynote speakers come from Verizon, Air Asia, Ericsson, and more.
- TM Forum also hosts the Digital Transformation World Conference. Events include debates, fireside chats, keynotes, exhibitions, and social gatherings in the evening.
- Another event to consider is the Digital Transformation Summit. As of this writing, the last event was held in Ireland, focusing on boosting business productivity through digital transformation. Speakers explored how companies can improve customer care, digital marketing, and revenue.
- Digital Summit also holds several conferences throughout the United States. Locations range from Boston to Raleigh to Atlanta. Ticket prices are reasonable – and since these events are held continuously throughout the year, it is a good choice for those who want convenience and affordability.
- Dreamforce is one of the largest digital conferences in the world. Salesforce customers flock to San Francisco to learn about everything from Salesforce to digital transformation strategy. Dreamforce is a four-day event with informational sessions, keynotes, fireside chats, and much more.
Other conferences certainly focus on digital transformation. However, to gain the most value from a conference, it pays to look beyond “digital transformation.” Customer engagement is another area that ties in closely with digital transformation. Industry leaders are investing in increasing their operational efficiency by using technology to focus on and enhance the customer experience and drive innovation.
Customer-facing digital innovation can be achieved through enhanced thought leadership discussions that explore technology innovation, emerging technologies, cultural change, and a new wave of strategic approaches that change how businesses operate in the digital spectrum.
Past Episodes (2023)
The recordings of the sessions are available within each specfic event page below.
Read the key highlights of Episode 21-33 of the Webinar Series on Digital Transformation in the Outcome Document Here.
Co-organizers: ITU and NYUTime: 15:00 – 16:30 CET
Co-organizers: ITU and the Metaverse CouncilTime: 14:00 – 15:00 CET
Co-organizers: ITU, the Metaverse Council and UN-HabitatTime: 14:00 – 15:00 CET
Co-organizers: ITU, FG-MV and The Metaverse InstituteTime: 15:00 – 17:00 CET
Co-organizers: ITU and Global Cities HubTime: 15:30 – 17:00 CEST
Co-organizers: ITU,WMO, UNCCD and FG-AI4NDMTime: 14:00 – 16:00 CEST
Co-organizers: ITU, the Metaverse CouncilTime: 14:00 – 15:30 CEST
Organizer: ITUTime: 14:00 – 15:00 CEST
Organizer: ITUTime: 11:00 – 12:15 CEST
Co-organizers: ITU, PAHO and FG-AI4HTime: 15:00 – 16:30 CEST
Organizer: ITUTime: 13:00 – 14:30 CEST
Co-Organizers: ITU, SG11 and FG-TBFxG
Co-organizers: ITU, AI for Road Safety
Co-organizers: ITU and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Co-organizers: ITU, U4SSC Austrian Country Hub and Tanzania in partnership with the Permanent Mission of Austria to the United Nations in New York
Co-organizers: ITU and RURA
Co-organizers: ITU, WMO, UN Water and FG-AI4A
Co-organizers: ITU, FAO, ISO and FG-AI4A
Past Episodes (2021)
The recordings of the sessions are available within each specfic event page below.
Read the Key Highlights from the 2021 Webinar Series on Digital Transformation for Cities and Communities in the Outcome Document Here.
Co-organizers: ITU, Mandat International and WMO
Co-organizers: ITU, OASC and UNU
Co-organizers: ITU and PAHO
Co-organizers: ITU-T Study Group 20 and Study Group 17
Co-organizers: ITU, CICT, China Mobile, China Unicom, EADN, Huawei, OKI and Tencent
Co-organizers: ITU and Bournemouth University
Co-organizers: ITU, CICT, ETRI and UNE
Co-organizers: ITU and Austrian Economics Center
Co-organizers: ITU and COMTELCA
Co-organizers: ITU and oneM2M
Co-organizers: ITU, IEC and ISO
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this webinar series are those of the panelists and do not reflect the official policy or position of the ITU.
The Top Six Digital Transformation Conferences In 2022:
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo
Gartner Symposium/ITxpo is one of the world’s largest and most important gatherings of CIOs and senior IT leaders. The conference covers various topics, including business intelligence, cloud computing, security, artificial intelligence (AI), and more.
The conference takes place in several locations worldwide, including Orlando, Barcelona, Dubai, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Who should attend: CIOs, senior IT leaders, and enterprise-level decision-makers.
- Forrester Forum
Forrester Forum is a conference for senior business and technology leaders. The conference covers the entire digital transformation ecosystem, including digital business, customer experience, machine learning (ML), and more.
The conference takes place in several locations worldwide, including New York, London, Paris, and Frankfurt.
Who should attend: Senior business and technology leaders.
- Harvard Business Review Digital Summit
The Harvard Business Review Digital Summit is a conference for senior executives. The conference covers a broad range of topics, including digital transformation, customer adoption, customer engagement, leadership, and more.
The conference takes place in Boston, MA, and is part of the wider Digital Transformation Week.
Who should attend: Senior executives.
- Cloud Expo Asia
Cloud Expo Asia is a conference for senior executives and IT professionals. The conference covers many topics, including cloud transformation, DevOps, and digital transformation.
The conference takes place in Hong Kong.
Who should attend: Senior executives, IT professionals, and those seeking technology alignment.
- Digital Transformation Congress
The Digital Transformation Congress is a conference for business leaders. The conference covers a broad range of topics, including digital transformation, customer centricity, composable enterprise, and more.
The conference takes place in London.
Who should attend: Business leaders.
These are just a few of the best digital transformation conferences in 2022. When making your decision, be sure to consider the focus of the conference, the location, the speakers, the attendees, and the cost.
- Gas Digital Transformation Conference
The Gas Digital Transformation Conference is the premier event for business and IT executives who want to learn how to use the oil and gas industry to power their digital transformation. The conference features a mix of keynote speakers, workshops, and networking opportunities. Attendees will learn about the latest gas technologies and how they can improve operations, drive growth, and create customer value.
The conference is held in Houston, TX.
Who should attend: Business leaders, CIOs, and oil and gas production executives.